We have a blog together

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This Time

As I was driving away I heard a sound from the back seat. It was the sound of glass clanking together. I couldn't remember what I put back there. As I reached back I found two glasses. These ginger beer glasses were... empty.

When I first sipped home made ginger beer it was a very happy time. The bottle exploded with the active fermentation inside. What could have been a mess was carefully caught and strained. All of those happy memories are now painful ones.

We shared these last two glasses of ginger beer. It was difficult for me because with every sip I took I knew it was the last time I would ever taste this. Or possibly if I ever had this taste again it would remind me of this sad time. For me sharing the last of the ginger beer was about ending. Although she and I may meet again this is definitely the beginning of a new era. What does this new change to my life bring? So far I can't be happy. Every little thing that reminds me of her brings me back to my sorrow.

We made a strict schedule on our last night together. Just last night, not more than twelve hours ago, I had full confidence in this schedule. Now, I feel the whole purpose of the schedule is to chase away the depression that is always creeping in the background of my life. If I don't have any schedule I will surely fall into a routine of doing nothing and being sad.

Let me just take a moment now to psyche myself. To give myself the confidence that I will rise up from the ashes. I can do anything! I will regain my once unshakable self-discipline. This really is a new era, a new time in my life, and it will be a positive one!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home